Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
IIMA has evolved from being India's premier management institute to a notable international school of management in just five decades. IIMA's mission is to help India and other developing countries improve their managerial practices both in the private and in the public sectors, and adopt superior public policies.
- To provide learning facilities to men and women of exceptional calibre for pursuing careers in management or becoming teachers and researchers in different management fields.
- To promote knowledge through research, both applied and conceptual, relevant to management, and to disseminate such knowledge through publications.
- To participate in and contribute to the formulation of public policy, which would provide answers to questions of social importance.
- To enhance the decision-making skills and the administrative competence of practicing managers and assist organizations to solve their managerial problems by providing them with consulting services based on actual requirements.
IIMA seeks to diversify its offer of programmes to students and is therefore interested in offering managerial skills in the field of
publishing and media sciences, with a mixture of theoretical knowledge as well as hands-on skills.
German Book Office New Delhi
German Book Office (GBO) New Delhi is a joint venture between the Frankfurt Book Fair and the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany. It has a dual mandate of promoting the commercial activities of Frankfurt Book Fair in India along with the cultural aspect of promoting the exchange of German and Indian literature between the two countries.
The Frankfurt Academy is the Frankfurt Book Fair's international conference brand. The Academy offers year-round trade, expert and fellowship programmes in several countries as well as organises the largest range of conferences at the Frankfurt Book Fair. The Academy's conferences and events are a gateway to the knowledge network of publishing experts.
- Exchange with publishing experts from 150 countries
- Speakers from the most successful international companies
- International networking on a management level
The Academy is also involved in a number of conferences and events, including:
- Globalocal – An annual forum for local and international players within the content creation business to come together and discuss emerging global trends within their respective industries and their applicability in India.
- International Rights Directors Meeting – Important platform for international rights and licence traders.
- Frankfurt Story Drive Conference – First cross-industrial conference for the media and entertainment business. Experts from publishing, film making, music and games, technology and social media get together and discuss all about content!
The Academy also conducts Publishers Training courses in regions around the world.